Words of Wisdom: Life is a CHOICE!
Through this clip of one of my favorite movies "The Peaceful Warrior" - the character Socrates played by Nick Nolte responds that life is a choice, you can choose to be a victim or anything else that you choose to be. This statement shows just how powerful our minds are! Our minds control our body, yet how often do we really label, judge and put ourselves into a box of sickness and disease. Have you ever said the following to yourself?
- I am always feeling tired
- I feel depressed today
- I am never going to get better
- I am a failure
- I am overweight and will never lose weight
- I do not deserve to feel better
- I am not athletic, so why bother exercising
- I also will be sick
- I don't deserve a healthy body
- I have diabetes
- I have adrenal fatigue syndrome
- I have depression
- I am an alcoholic
- I am overweight
- I am unhealthy
Take out the Trash
From this brillant scene from the same movie the peaceful warrior we see that Taking out the trash refers to anything that is keeping you from living within the moment, which is the only thing that really matters in life! We have no control over the future and we certainly cannot change the past. So we must live within this moment - right here, right now with certainty, clarity and purpose. So giving yourself a label allows you to live full heartedly in the past. Like a ball and chain wrapping around your ankle, you carry that label around with you day in and day out, wondering when it will get better. Why not break the shackles of that ball and chain, get rid of it, throw it out. Your past does not equal the present. In other words you are not your past. So many people live in their past and that's why so many people are still sick, tired and overweight.
Writing a New Script For Yourself
If a goose wanted to fly east for the winter instead of south, would they be able to?? No! It is programmed into them to always fly south for the winter. Unlike geese, human beings are unique in our genetic evolution. We have the opportunity to write our own script. If you do not like the life your leading right now and need a change, you can rip up your current script that you're using and start fresh. Let me ask you something, do you watch the same movie over and over again even if you don't like it? I highly doubt that you would. Well why do you keep on labeling yourself, using limiting statements and forcing yourself to live in the past??? The answer is real simple - Conditioning.
You have to condition your mind to start accepting a new way of thinking, in other words accepting a new reality. You must live in the moment and begin to think differently about who you are as a person!
Break free of the bonds that hold you back. How we view ourselves can propel us forward or bring us to the depths of despair.
How are you labeling yourself? Can you get out of your own way??
So if you have followed me this far down the rabbit hole, now is your turn to shine. Take a few moments to figure out the labels that are forcing you to stay stuck in the past. Remember, your past does not equal your future. You are not your mistakes, you are not a disease, you are not a bunch of symptoms. You are an incredibly powerful human being that has limitless potential. The real question is can you get out of your own way to make that happen. Too many people are stuck because they cannot get out of their own way. They live in their negative thoughts, feelings and emotions. To be a truly healthy individual you must let that go, and live within the moment, free of labels. So the biggest question is... Can you let go of it all and just live in this moment.
The Next Step
I would love to work with you on helping you become the healthiest version of yourself. I don't just work with you on fitness and nutrition which is only a very SMALL portion of being truly happy and healthy. Psychology is everything! The mechanics of losing weight and creating a healthier life is only 20 percent. The remaining 80 percent is psychology. It is removing those roadblocks and returning from a state of sickness into a state of health. I would be honoured to help remove your limiting beliefs and labels and show you what is really possible when you live within the present moment, take out the trash and live without labels. If you would like to begin your road to health, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click this link to begin your journey with me.
Keep on Thriving!